Month old keet can't move legs!

Jan 4, 2022
Dallas, Georgia.
I keep 5 keets with 7 chicks (Bought at Tractor Supply) in their own 3'x3'x2' wired run. All 1 month old. They sleep on the grass piled up, and in the morning I move their run to fresh grass. Always refreshing the water and giving ample feed (Gave high protien for first 2 weeks then ran out, supplemented with regular grower feed for 2 weeks). It's been rainy these past few weeks, with scattered showers then very warm sunshine, so I provided areas to keep dry or shaded. This morning I go out and find 1 keet seemingly lounging in the shade, with a chick standing on her. Obviously this didn't seem right so I go over and very easily grab her. I find her very calm, with one leg tucked underneath her and one splayed out. The one that's splayed out behind her is slightly cold and she doesnt move it at all. The one underneath her can't support her weight and she doesnt like to move that either. Her crop is full, and she's pooping regularly (soft but solid, black and streaks of white, very normal). I'm really not sure what to make of this. These are my first Guinea fowl, and I've never had this problem with my chicks. I have her burrito'd into a dish towel to keep her warm right now. Gave VetRX and cleaned any poop off of her. Any suggestions? (Going to the vet is completely off the table)
Edit to add- I initially posted this in the guinea fowl forum this morning, but since then I've moved her to a heating pad with probiotic water and high protein feed, and now both legs are cold with curled toes. She's very tired, but has a decent appetite and desire for water despite not moving much. I'm assuming protein or vitamin deficiency, she is the smallest of the 5.
First photo is when I had first brought her inside, second photo is current condition

Attachments

• 20220812_102537.jpg
    20220812_102537.jpg
    1,017 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220812_141004.jpg
    20220812_141004.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom