Mostly white and/or watery poop...from shell-shocked 8 week old Pip

KirstenColorado

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2015
Lots of you know what's been happening with "Pip" my (now) 8 week old RIR. She, along with her two "sisters" got trapped and almost attacked by a huge cat 5 days ago. The hens survived by stuffing themselves in a wedge about 3 inches wide between the two chicken meshes.
The other two have been just fine, and although I have brought all three back outside every day, only Pip seems not to have recovered. She's been sort of "catatonic" all the time...she reacts when I pick her up, make her drink her usual chick electrolyte/vitamin water (I worry it's not enough) and she actually has a fairly decent appetite for her regular feed including grit. Barely moves around. No interest at all in any treats. She seems "sleepy" most of the day, eyes closed a lot. She can walk a little, looks fine when she does. No signs of physical injuries.
I've noticed that she does poop a little. It's mostly white and watery. At this point, I don't know if she's even permanently shocked, if she might have eaten something in her run (nothing I can think of....except I did find a small centipede the other day).
She seems to be getting weaker by the day. A little wobbly today. I just want her to get better! She was my very first, and what got me into chickens (yep, got more after the first three above) and I hate to admit it, but I love her as dearly as any pet I've ever had.
Please help with any updated input (or new input!)
TIA

Back
Top Bottom