Mother Earth News Article

Brilliant,

It is clear to all of us who keep chickens, that they are much better than store bought eggs, and it is good to see articles like this.

I am amazed at the reactions of people who have eggs from me, they love them. They love the colour of the yolks, and the children next door are loving cooking with them. They also love to come and see the girls now and again, and are learning all about them.

So they have great benefits as well as the nutritional values.

Jena.

I've always had issues with eggs, but now that we raise our own chickens the issue is the taste of store bought eggs compared to the farm raised eggs. The last time that we went out for breakfast I had an omlet and the eggs had no taste compared to the one that we get from our hens.

I agree - until we started eating eggs from our own chickens, I thought eggs were just flavorless protein eaten with toast - an excuse for eating ketchup and salsa. Now, though - wow! Flavor, texture and yummy goodness.
yippiechickie.gif

My whole extended family are hooked on my fresh eggs. There is no comparison between store bought bland eggs and farm fresh flavorful healthy eggs!

I was happy to read the entire article in Mother Earth News, and forwarded to some friends.
I do wonder, however, if my chicken's eggs are any better than store bought during winter?
Simply, there is nothing natural for them to eat outside during winter.
Their diet is pellets, scratch, bread and some left-over veggies when I have them.
Anyway, thanks for posting the article - it was great to read.

Back
Top Bottom