Mother goose died because of hatching basket wars

Dec 6, 2019
Philippines
I have hundreds of laying baskets for the geese but geese have tendency to want to lay eggs and hatch eggs on baskets that are already occupied. One of my geese died because another geese sits on her because she alway want to lay eggs on that basket too. I don't know why they have this behavior when the number of baskets outnumbers them. She died because her neck got broken after being seated on. Now the other goose is hatching her eggs. Why geese wants to hatch eggs on a basket that is already occupied when there are hundreds of them?

I have hundreds of laying baskets for the geese but geese have tendency to want to lay eggs and hatch eggs on baskets that are already occupied. One of my geese died because another geese sits on her because she alway want to lay eggs on that basket too. I don't know why they have this behavior when the number of baskets outnumbers them. She died because her neck got broken after being seated on. Now the other goose is hatching her eggs. Why geese wants to hatch eggs on a basket that is already occupied when there are hundreds of them?
It’s the same with chickens too multiple nest boxes but they all want to lay in the same one. I lost a bantam hen when my Brahma hen sat on top of her in the nest box. And my geese have their own house but my goose will go into the other coops looking for a place to lay. Sorry you lost your goose.

Back
Top Bottom