Motion sensor light/alarm recommendations??

drangle

Songster
Sep 1, 2022
Southeast colorado
I’d like to get some type of predator deterrent going for my coop/run. We have coyotes, foxes, owls, and raccoons.

The run is covered and has a wire apron to discourage digging. But I would still like some type of motion activated solar charging flashing light/alarm combo to scare them off before they start trying to figure out weak spots.

Does anyone use such a device? Can you please recommend a brand.

I like your thinking, I'd like one too that was solar. but is there a secure coop in the run? You definitely need both. In my experience everything wants to eat chickens, and some loses are inevitable. Just lost one to a coyote in the yard, but she free ranged for 5 years and had a great life. No doubt he will be back so the other girls will be locked up for a while .

Yes I have one ( non nsolar) they do alert you that something might be out there. In my case it's usually rats but I've noticed less rats since the coyotes started hanging around. It's always a battle..

I would suggest a wired ip camera using POE (Power Over Ethernet). But You would need to run a cat5e Ethernet cable out to the location. I am a camera installer by trade and would suggest a 2MP starlight active deterrent camera from Dahua. I have one out front my entrance to shop and have siren/strope set to a schedule from 11:00pm-5:00am for humans/vehicles only. I Am going to be installing another one out back above my coop overlooking the area around it, but only set it on basic tripwire or intrusion . I am curious to know if the siren/strobe light will actually deter predators?

I am not sure if a strobe and alarm combo would keep predators away. That’s why I was hoping someone would chime in with experience.

I’m thinking it probably would deter them for a while until they get used to it. Ideally I’d be able to hear the alarm from inside and could go out with a 22 ready.

I have one from amazonia. It is a red light supposedly compatible with solar. It has motion detector with different settings from just a light to a siren. light and siren etc. 4 settings, I think. I bring it into the house to charge once in a while. it does work because i have set it off and it scares the bejesus out of me. we have heard it go off a bunch one night but it was windy and i believe the trees were tripping it. We do have a local fox tho. I also got some of those solar cats eyes that light up red and blink. got 2 of them. they supposedly are solar charged. I have not checked those recently as they are around back of my run and i will end up tripping my motion lights and alarm. frankly if all that doesn't scare off predators then i know i did my best with these and all the other things i did to protect my girls and learn from that.

I am not sure if a strobe and alarm combo would keep predators away. That’s why I was hoping someone would chime in with experience.

I’m thinking it probably would deter them for a while until they get used to it. Ideally I’d be able to hear the alarm from inside and could go out with a 22 ready.
You can be alerted via smart phone app if a intruder come within the specified area. Also you have options for not only the siren but also a human voice saying different messages. Also has the 2 way talk option with a built in speaker and mic. I still haven’t got around to installing mine yet, as I am still in the process of winterizing my coop. Will follow with updates once I do.

You can be alerted via smart phone app if a intruder come within the specified area. Also you have options for not only the siren but also a human voice saying different messages. Also has the 2 way talk option with a built in speaker and mic. I still haven’t got around to installing mine yet, as I am still in the process of winterizing my coop. Will follow with updates once I do.
Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom