mottled x dominant white

Del Boy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
I have a few black mottled x dominant white birds in the yard. I wonder what is the chance of getting some nice dark black mottled birds if I breed them togeather. The birds I have are almost completely white but all carry mottled .
thanks

there is no chance in the first generation that you will get any thing but white...but if the first gen breed back to the mottled them you could get some mottled some white and most would be black.

I have a few black mottled x dominant white birds in the yard. I wonder what is the chance of getting some nice dark black mottled birds if I breed them togeather. The birds I have are almost completely white but all carry mottled .
thanks
less than 7%(6.250) if your birds were all black(with one copy of mottling) your odds would jump to 25%, but you have heterozygous dominant white and this will hide many mottled birds you may produce

oh yes I see now...I miss read and thought original poster wanted to know what the chicks would look like if he crossed a mottled and a dominate white.

Back
Top Bottom