Move a broody with chicks pipping/hatching/some hatched?!

mamatoes

Songster
5 Years
Feb 29, 2016
Ontario
Hello! First year letting my ladies just go broody. I’ve had one mum hatch 1 lol. We lost one egg I kid you not and the other was a loss.

now I have a mum hatching 9. 3 have hatched. But she’s not separated yet. I only have 3 boxes and 2 are occupied by mums.

I’ve had to remove eggs from the nest because apparently when someone’s in a box that was the least favourite it changes to the most favourite lol. So do I leave her (I only have 2 hens not broody now) or do I move her, the hatched chicks and all the chicks in progress or just leave it be?! I would assume leave but you never know!

thanks!

also THIS IS SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!! way better then incubator!!! I thought just having chickens was the best! But having chickens and letting them raise babies is THE BEST!

Not the most ideal situation but I would leave them alone.
Some broodies will abandon the nest if you move it or mess with them. I surely wouldn't chance that in the middle of actually hatching.
Nothing cuter then a hen with a string of chicks following. Enjoy.

Not the most ideal situation but I would leave them alone.
Some broodies will abandon the nest if you move it or mess with them. I surely wouldn't chance that in the middle of actually hatching.
Nothing cuter then a hen with a string of chicks following. Enjoy.
Ya that’s what I figured! I’ll move as soon as they’re done! Woo hoo!

Back
Top Bottom