Move over! MOVE! Whoops...

Chickenuser

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 13, 2007
Okay, I have 18 chicks that are about to go into a real coop, but now (for the next 2 weeks) they keep getting bigger, and I have 3 baby chicks among the 15 big ones, and whenever the big ones eat or drink, they push the little ones away, I have tried putting more food in there in containers. But now they fill that up too.
I don't have another water container, could I just use a bowl? Or would that tip over or something?
I am just afraid that the little chicks never get to eat or drink clean water. By the time the others are done, the food is almost gone and the water is dirty with poo.
Should I move the littlies to another box? I don't want to clean two boxes, but if I have to...

1. if using a bowl is your ONLY option then fillit up with rocks of marbles so if they fallin they won't drown
2.i suggest buying another water holder any way because when they move into the coop they will need at least two, and if the big ones still push the little ones away, then just put them in a seperate box to eat/drink like once or twice an hour, if i keep them in a seperate box altogether, then you will have to spend time tring ti REintroduce them to the big flock

Back
Top Bottom