Moved into a house with a Chicken Coop

You are quite industrious, personally I would have held the camera and let him do the power washing
big_smile.png

x2
gig.gif

I like doing the work myself.
I actually tore one of the side pieces off from the left side enclosed section. It was made with very cheap plywood and was rotting out. Luckily I have plenty of time to fix it up before my flock comes next spring.

Last edited:
I like doing the work myself.
I actually tore one of the side pieces off from the left side enclosed section. It was made with very cheap plywood and was rotting out. Luckily I have plenty of time to fix it up before my flock comes next spring.
It was a joke (sorta).

I like to try to do things myself, but most of the time DH just takes over.
hmm.png
Except for painting, I did all the painting for my coop.

I do have my own miter saw - but am intimidated by most power tools.

What breeds and what ages are you planning on getting?

Not entirely sure yet what kind I want to get. I only want about 5-6 chickens. Good egg layers, and on the friendly side would be nice. And I want to get them as babies, to get them used to me.
It was a joke (sorta).

I like to try to do things myself, but most of the time DH just takes over.:/   Except for painting, I did all the painting for my coop.

I do have my own miter saw - but am intimidated by most power tools.

What breeds and what ages are you planning on getting?

Last edited:
Not entirely sure yet what kind I want to get. I only want about 5-6 chickens. Good egg layers, and on the friendly side would be nice. And I want to get them as babies, to get them used to me.

Glad you are getting baby chicks, they are so much fun to raise. Got mine when they were 3 days old and would hate to have missed out on those early days.

I have BR and BO, but the BO's can go broody quite often. I love mine, but broody hens don't lay eggs and are far from friendly when the hormones are flying. BR's lay regularly and don't get broody.

If you plan to get your flock locally, look for breeders or at least independent feed stores - they can tell you what breeds and when they will get them - then research those breeds to pick the ones that meet your expectations.

Back
Top Bottom