Moving and can't bring rooster with us (Western MA)

recliners

Hatching
May 20, 2024
Hello!

Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I'm moving soon from East Longmeadow, MA to a town that doesn't allow roosters and need to find a new home for Little Jerry Seinfeld.

He's a ~1 year old Delaware (hatched May 1, 2023). We got him as a hatchling from McMurray Hatchery. We ended up with two roosters because we checked for an unsexed pair by accident. The other was very aggressive and ended up being dispatched as a result.

Jerry's been good to our hens, always tidbitting when he finds something tasty. He's a big bird so we've had to put saddles on our hens to prevent feather loss. He's also always on the lookout for predators and alerts when he spots a hawk overhead. He loves peanuts and ear rubs.

He does have occasional aggressive behavior toward my wife and will jump at her. I've spent more time with him and pick him up any time he tries to be the boss with me. He doesn't fight when held and seems to enjoy getting cuddles and some sweet talking away from the girls.

I'm leery of posting on Facebook because he's really a good rooster and I don't want him to end up as soup (I could do that myself if I have to).

I can deliver him within an hour drive from East Longmeadow, MA to anyone who can give him a good home.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• PXL_20240506_215033941.jpg
    PXL_20240506_215033941.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 14
Little Jerry found a new home on a farm with loads of other birds and took to his new friends right away!

Back
Top Bottom