Wow! Great coop! I’m sure they will be ok, since the wood, as well as the shade and ventilation, also helps to keep the pen cool. They’re very lucky chickens!

Barefoot in that there are not many times during the day that I have my shoes on! I was actually a baker and when I goat started my business it was out of my house and at farmers markets. I was called “The Barefoot Baker” because, yes, I did bake barefoot!

Barefoot in that there are not many times during the day that I have my shoes on! I was actually a baker and when I goat started my business it was out of my house and at farmers markets. I was called “The Barefoot Baker” because, yes, I did bake barefoot!

Cool, I don't wear shoes very often either. Usually just a pair of flip flops.

Since you're a baker, there's a thread here for home bakers that's pretty active and the people are fun. Maybe I'll see you there.

living and having chickens in FL i know a thing or two about heat lol :hewhat i find works best is hanging a fan facing into the coop and turn it on high, put it in front of your ventilation so its sucking the air from outside the coop and blowing it into the coop. this simple extra "wind" does help a lot just by circulating more air around the coop than a natural breeze would. also try putting ice in their water and freezing a gallon jug full of water and put it in their with them so they can lay next to it to cool off.

living and having chickens in FL i know a thing or two about heat lol :hewhat i find works best is hanging a fan facing into the coop and turn it on high, put it in front of your ventilation so its sucking the air from outside the coop and blowing it into the coop. this simple extra "wind" does help a lot just by circulating more air around the coop than a natural breeze would. also try putting ice in their water and freezing a gallon jug full of water and put it in their with them so they can lay next to it to cool off.
That’s helpful, it’s very hot where we are and I’m thinking about doing this.

Back
Top Bottom