Moving on and moving off grid...

Wolfwoman

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Chickaloon, Alaska
Some of you may have noticed that I really haven't been on here much lately... for a couple reasons.

First, we have had a pretty darn good season at the store, so that has kept me busy. Also, I've been raising chickens for eggs and meat, and they've occupied a bit of my time also.

The biggest reason has been that thru the past year there has been someone interested in buying the store from the landowner. Every few months or so he'd call inquiring about it, and setting us on edge as to whether or not he was really going to buy or not. It's like having Damascus' sword hanging over your head not knowing what is going to happen.

So today he was actually here and had a meeting with the landowner, he came out and looked and the property and..... STILL no decisions have been made. He *might* want to buy it in January 2011.

We're done. We wasted a lot of money and a lot of time and sweat on this place and we're done. We're gonna pack up the dogs, the chickens and all our crap and move back to the off grid cabin. I think we'll be better off, and I think we'll be fine - we always are somehow - but it won't be easy with the physical challenges we both have, but oh well. Chit happens and life goes on. So we've given ourselves the goal of January to get moved.

I will still be on the internet as this will be our only source of income, so I'll be around. I might not be very chatty, or have lots of time to give advice on skull cleaning, but I'll be here. And that's another thing, no more skull cleaning. No way for me to heat buckets, so that's done with too.

It is what it is and I hope to sell each and every one of you some sort of fur item

Wolfie

Wolfwoman you will be missed but I also completely understand your decision. Living off the grid is not a bad thing...we did it after we left the military and we really enjoyed it, we got a lot more accomplished and we spent far more quality time together as a family...less distractions.

I wish you the best and hope to see you around here as often as you can manage.

Thank you. No it's not a bad thing, we've done it before and I spend SO much more time with hubby and the critters. I'll be here probably more than I should, but that's ok too
wink.png
Those long winter nights are made for movies and internet! lol

I think it will be a good thing all around.
smile.png
Did I hear a rumor that you might be taking a road trip this direction in Sept?
smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I think it will be a good thing all around.
smile.png
Did I hear a rumor that you might be taking a road trip this direction in Sept?
smile.png

I am hoping so! But it can't be more than a day, of course, because of critters. Unless I can find someone I trust to watch them for a day.... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Yup Deb, we'll be fine. That just means if you come this way again you'll have to look HARDER for us!​

wish ya the best of luck! I almost think living off the grid would be lot's of fun! are you going to use wind or solar energy? both are good choices, both have there down falls.

You know I have to say I envy you. I know living off grid has it's challenges, but i have to romanticize it -- being self sufficient and being with someone you truly love and trust is a big thing -- I would love to have it. Good luck to you and enjoy your freedom with the one/ones you love "DH and critters"

Put me on your PM list when you have items to sell -- I would be interested in supporting you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom