Moving on up! Bigger brooder yay!

DenverChickFam

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2015
I just wanted to share our new bigger brooder for our growing girls! I just about broke myself wrangling this gigantic dog crate into our tiny basement bathroom but it paid off.

The girls seem so happy with lots of room to scratch and flap about. All of their pine shavings are ending up all over the dang bathroom (tips welcome) but I'm glad they have so much room now!

Anyway, just sharing that my gals are moving on up in the world with new digs!

I have a large cage too 4x3 feet or so and man it's so much better than a small brooder. They love space. I have also been putting them out in the coop with the run open underneath and they love that too.

I just wanted to share our new bigger brooder for our growing girls! I just about broke myself wrangling this gigantic dog crate into our tiny basement bathroom but it paid off.

The girls seem so happy with lots of room to scratch and flap about. All of their pine shavings are ending up all over the dang bathroom (tips welcome) but I'm glad they have so much room now!

Anyway, just sharing that my gals are moving on up in the world with new digs!

Nice! I've heard that using Glad Press 'N Seal on the bottom row of the bars works wonders to keep in shavings... just press it on from the inside so the chicks don't get stuck to it, lol... :)

Cool coop! @csaylorchickens :D

You could even do a little flat bed garden on top! I love really want to do that.

OMG Glad press n seal!!! What a smart idea. And thank goodness for your disclaimer because I totally would have tried from the outside and had some sticky and angry girls on my hands. Hahahahahaha. Duh!

OMG Glad press n seal!!! What a smart idea. And thank goodness for your disclaimer because I totally would have tried from the outside and had some sticky and angry girls on my hands. Hahahahahaha. Duh!

All good, lol... I've done similar so I try to add extra tips I can think of... oh, and if doesn't stick really well, just add another strip to the outside so it sticks to itself thru the bars... then no worries of anything sticking to it... :)

All good, lol... I've done similar so I try to add extra tips I can think of... oh, and if doesn't stick really well, just add another strip to the outside so it sticks to itself thru the bars... then no worries of anything sticking to it... :)

Yay!! Awesome tips and so appreciated. Looks like I will be running to the store tomorrow to give this a try. :) Glad Press N Seal is usually only a holiday extravagance ar our house. LOL

I've been wanting to put my girls in the large dog crate I have too! Concerned about the shavings all over so didn't do it....glad press n seal....I wouldn't have given it a thought. BRILLIANT!!!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom