MPC Easter Egg GIVEAWAY!

Thanks for chiming in, Alex! I was reluctant to assist because I wasn't sure if it was ready but the poor thing was screaming all night long. I ended up assisting at 3:00 am, gently removing parts of the shell and dampening the membrane which I left in tact. Then I put her back in the bator. She was hatched out when we woke up but it seems she has some deformities to her right leg and wing
sad.png
. The leg is not directly under her, it's more behind her and the hock (?) seems swollen. Also her right wing does not look like a wing, it's more of a stump. I haven't taken her out of the bator yet. Is it safe to do so?

Oh my! Looks like this is why she couldn't "kick" out of the shell. I would take her out as soon as she is completely dry. Please post pictures of her leg so we can get her splinted. MOST leg deformities can be splinted early on and repaired.

A warm damp cloth can be used to remove the rest of the hatching-ick from her.

Fingers crossed.
fl.gif

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Thanks for chiming in, Alex! I was reluctant to assist because I wasn't sure if it was ready but the poor thing was screaming all night long. I ended up assisting at 3:00 am, gently removing parts of the shell and dampening the membrane which I left in tact. Then I put her back in the bator. She was hatched out when we woke up but it seems she has some deformities to her right leg and wing :( . The leg is not directly under her, it's more behind her and the hock (?) seems swollen. Also her right wing does not look like a wing, it's more of a stump. I haven't taken her out of the bator yet. Is it safe to do so?
Oh my! Looks like this is why she couldn't "kick" out of the shell. I would take her out as soon as she is completely dry. Please post pictures of her leg so we can get her splinted. MOST leg deformities can be splinted early on and repaired. A warm damp cloth can be used to remove the rest of the hatching-ick from her. Fingers crossed. :fl Alex My Pet Chicken
Thanks much! I'll post pics once she's dry.

I noticed how off balance this chick was with only one wing and decided to take a look. The other wing was there but kinda shrink wrapped to her neck and body. Removed a large piece of almost dry membrane with warm water & Q-tip, had a quiick look everything and put her back into the bator. Words cannot express how sad it is to see her like this :(.

I just want to thank @MyPetChicken
Again, I didn't expect to win, nor that I would still be given hatching eggs after giving mine away....
Truly good folks there at MPC........

Whatever breeder shipped these did very well with thier breeding IMO.

I got 100% hatch from shipped eggs...

For free.....

Can't beat that....

Walkin in high cotton here!!!
:weee :weee :weee

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom