Mt Redoubt Alaska

Not a lot... just enough that you have to be very careful about not going out without goggles or a mask.
smile.png

Thanks for sharing, especially the photos and maps. My son lives in Homer and I have been up in your area a few times.
Are there any long term effects from the ash once the eruptions are over? Respiratory problems, car problems, etc.

Homer got hit pretty good yesterday, not so much today that I've heard. With the snow and/or rain forecast, I don't think we'll have much trouble with it. We haven't had any ashfall today that I know of... can't say for the north end, though... and it can all change in an instant... look what I just found.

2009-03-27 18:01:14
At approximately 17:35 AKDT (01:35 UTC) another explosive eruption occurred at Redoubt volcano. National Weather Service reports an ash cloud height of 40,000 feet above sea level.

Still erupting... 4 times in 8 hours yesterday/last night...

878-PlumeLightning5.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.jpg

Cool photos

Sad part is, I have egg orders supposed to be coming soon, and things are getting held up in Anchorage. They say there's about 20,000 pounds of mail held up...
sad.png

wow thats a cool picture!

ohh i wish i could actually go and see something like that. i might take geology in college just to go out and actually witness that.

volcanoes are AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom