much ado about VA

welcome-byc.gif

You came to the right place for sure!

Last edited:
Quote:
Welcome!!!! Just down 58 from you near Horsepasture! Retired AF Been here 2 years now from NY - You are so lucky with the dobe pup! Locke put ours down for us 2 weeks ago. They are a super family member! Best to you and yours!
Tim

So sorry Tim, I know how it feels. We had to put our little chihuhuha Rusty down on July 18. My sister has two older dobes registered if your interested. She is trying to find a new home for them. Just let us know. What kind of chickens do you have? Do you want any more? We have a few we would like to find a home for.
Take care.
Jackie

Quote:
Hi Susan! Montpelier is a hop skip and a jump from us down on Rt. 33. We went to the buy/sell/trade they had down there almost a month back. I keep telling DH I want to go check out the General Store in town and see what's inside - it looks interesting!

We don't have chickens yet, but hope to find some at the Farmville event next Saturday.

Quote:
If that wasnt bad enough put down our dobe/rott mix two months before that. She was 16 and the dobe was 11. They had good lives believe me. We are back up to 4 now though. Wife wanted a lap dog which she will have for a couple weeks. Got a boxer/dane mix from the SPCA in Martinsville lol. We have volunteered there walking the dogs for their exercise and ours. What are they asking for the pups? Currently have an Ameracauna, 4 RIR's, 3 BO's, 2 NN's, 6 Golden Comets and 15 BR's so I am all set there thanks. Oh, have an African Grey parrot as well and currently feeding and immunizing 3 stray dogs in the hood lol. Pleasure meeting you here!
Tim

How on earth do you break a dog from killing chickens?? We have a 5 month old female German Sheppard that recently started killing the chickens. Grrrrr!!! Now she is in a dog lot because she was roaming the yard freely and so does the chickens, she never bothered them before and all the sudden she started to kill them. We talked to her and tried to hold a chicken while talking to her, she just became angry and wanted to kill it while we held it. What on earth do you do?? She is such a good girl and very smart. But, not too smart when killing our favorite chickens!! Anyone interested in a chicken killing dog??
What is the best way to tell the roo's from the pullets after they are a few weeks old? We have 7 around a month old and yesterday I could tell the roo's from the pullets because the roo's were fighting each other and we had to separate them. We have 18 we hatched in the bator that we are so curious to what they are. Bator babies are so much work, but I love the babies.
We keep our son in Iraq informed on all the new baby chicks and send him pics. We miss him so much. He was stationed in Hawaii for two years before he left for Iraq. He left for Iraq in June and supposed to return to Hawaii in February. We don't get to talk to him like we would love to. We send him emails and sometimes he will call us.
We are glad we joined the forum everyone is very nice.
Kimberley

Dogs and chickens=bad mix.
it's a game to the dog.....it's all about the chase and kill.
Not a bad dog.....just a fun game.
My chickens are kept locked in their run, but the other day 2 of them popped out of the gate as I was going in. I flipped out because all my dogs were standing there watching me as they usually do.
They just sort of looked over towards where the chickens had run to as if to say....."um, there goes a couple chickens, mom"
I couldn't believe they didn't pounce on them, as they are always trying to get squirrels and anything else they can. I think they are aware by now that these weird little birds belong to ME.....and are not to be touched. Sort of the same concept of them not chewing up my shoes. However, I wouldn't trust them alone with them for a second!

Sara, our rescued German Shep. pup who is about a year and a half now torments the crap out of our two cats. She will tear through the house with hell's fire on her heels trying to get a kitty... and then at other times they'll all be laying on the bed with me watching TV - co-existing as if they're all best buds. I don't get it.
idunno.gif

I just hope she doesn't try and eat a chicken if one gets loose! I wouldn't past her scaring one to death.

Back
Top Bottom