much ado about VA

Pasty butt can also be caused by the temp in the brooder being too high or too low.

NEVER stop hatching.. LOL

I'll be at the Powhatan Swap. Mrs Hertzler has been telling EVERY custome that comes in the feedstore. She even printed and has been handing out the neatest fliers. Should be a GREAT turn out! Hope everyone can make it.

Yes Mrs Hertzler sells chickens and has a BUNCH of them. I don't remember all the breeds but she has RIR and Russian Orloffs. Also geese for sale.

Yes Brandon will be there with lots of chickens too.

I found the Virginia flock!!
wee.gif
We just started with chickens and two days ago we started goats... Our signature line is haveing to be updated everyday. 10 fuzzies in the last day and a half.

Question?
We have chicks that are 8 days older than this present batch, when can I mix the two batches together?

Last edited:
I would make sure the youngest batch is at least a week old first. Then I think the sooner you mix them the better........

btw, welcome.
Were you at the Farmville swap?

Last edited:
FIrst , Yes we were at the Farmville swap, and we bought 8 birds.

Second, We live 10 miles west of Chatham, A few miles off 57. So we are fairly close to Danville, and we are not to far from South Boston either. I think 20 miles to Danville and 25 to the other.

Nobody will talk us out of going to Powhattan, so I guess we will be going there also!

BTW I am Chris and my wifes name is Tina. I will have her get on here an introduce herself.

I have an extensive shop with woodworking tools, electrical tools and welding equipment. I used to fabricate experimental manufacturing equipment... I have reinvented the wheel 7,408 times!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Hey to all From Virginia.
I too am about an hour from Richmond and I live in Buckingham
County as well,I am closer to the Prince Edward line.

MIllIESTWO
&
Silver Ash Silkies

Right now we have a date set at Hertlzers in Powhatan for April 25th for a swap meet.

Bishopschickens and I are also working on a date, possibly the first weekend in April at the TSC in Powhatan.

Back
Top Bottom