much ado about VA

ME!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
ME!!!
big_smile.png
I moved with my DH to VA 12 years ago from Colorado. I used to miss it terribly, but now I don't think I could go back to all of the snow and long winters. I would love to take my children back to visit so they could see where I grew up, but I LOVE the short, mild winters here in Virginia! Dear old Colorado can keep the snow!
lol.png
(SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST! OOPS!!!)

Last edited:
Hello all, I am in Axton Va. I would love to see a Community Swap in the Southern portion of VA. With the price of gas
barnie.gif
now a days I won't be able to afford to drive to Richmond.

So if anyone has a burden to put one together
yippiechickie.gif
in or around this area, please do so.

I could handle driving an hour but I can't drive for 2 or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll chirp in from Southside Va, Halifax County. I have 8 chicks now (my first 8!) three bantams and five...something else that I will identity once they grow up some. We got them at TSC, so they must be some common breed.

So hello from South Side. I am most interested in this chicken do in Altavista. Is there more info available? Now that I have 8 chickens, I want more. My husband is going to shoot me.

The Altavista flea market is every 1st Saturday of the month. There are some nice birds sometimes, but there are also some low quality ones as well. The best I've seen are raised by an Amish girl, she sets up a little fence and lets them run around. I can't really give you directions because I take all back roads and I haven't learned the names yet.
But , I'll be going in May.

We plan to go in May as well. Uncle Billy's Day is in June isn't it? On the one hand, I'd like to go to that, on the other hand, I'd rather not.

Will these be full grown birds or chicks? I have now talked my true love into a flock of 14 rather than just the 8. You know those feminine wiles
smile.png

Quote:
You haven't seen anything until you've been to Float Day on the Staunton river. Some really interesting people there.

Most of the birds are grown, some younger ones but rarely chicks until it gets hot enough to keep them outside.

Back
Top Bottom