much ado about VA

Quote:
I got mine at Southern States - it's food grade. You may have to ask the sales clerk - it was located by the garden stuff in ours.

Welcome BODOR - I'm in Shenandoah Valley. I ordered 25 chicks from McMurray and received 27. Lost 4 of them and have 23 remaining. I ordered all hens and 2 roosters - and that's exactly what I have (not sure what the 4 I lost are, but I suspect 2 of them were roosters as I got 2 "free"). I am very pleased with the McMurray order.

I have a Silver Gray Dorking, Phoenix's, Black Faced White Spanish's, Silver Leghorns, and Golden Penciled Hamburgs. I just love all of them to pieces.

Take care,
Penny

I also ordered my silkies from my petchicken.com, and I adore them.
I do believe, however, that despite ordering only a fwe roosters, about half my flock are boys.
i love them all, and as long as they get along I don't plan on getting rid of any. I was happy with the service I got from the hatchery, and I know that sexing these tiny babies can be tricky.

its nice to see so many new folks in VA

anyone near Isle of Wight, we are having a show and swap on Sept 18 - 21, you have to show to swap so we can get you a pass for all 4 days, we REALLY need show birds! This is a small show, you don't have to have perfect birds, we just need a good showing for the county folks!

email me at [email protected] and I can answer specific questions and get you the entry form

M

Just wanted to say hi from Buckingham. I've got a small flock (5 hens and a roo) and have gotten a wealth of info from this site. Thanks so much.

Sam

My roo, Mt. Dew (the kids named him)

mtdew2hm9.jpg

A couple of the girls drinking from the dog's water.

dogwateraw0.jpg

Hi I am in Virginia too (also called ecsoehng on other forums.) In Mechanicsville too actually. Did some of you get my chicks when I ordered and sold them off? Anyway we are having fun with our babies. Julie I am STILL trying to get rid of that NN. Now my son has named him/her after himself. KJ.

The coop is still a work in progress, not up to the lofty standards on this board.

334672150.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Norfolk, can't have girls in military housing. I was this || close to being home in UT and having my own chickens, but it looks like it might be 2 more years. I'll find out soon. I'm happy w/ eating eggs I get at the farmers market for now. Monkey Johns Farm fresh eggs. I found some on craigslist and drove quite a ways out of my way but was late and they had left. Maybe I can find some closer eventually, I'd love to meet the girls laying my breakfast till I can have my own.

Hi everyone! I am in Charles City about 20 min from Williamsburg. We started our first flock this spring - still working the kinks out but havin a great time! We tend to travel all around the local area - my son goes to west point schools, we buy horse food in gloucester and hay in smithfield - hope to make it to the isle of wight county fair....
I've been loving BYC for answering all my questions
wink.png
nice to know I have some local folk too
smile.png

-gwen

Hey everyone! I live in Powhatan, VA.

I noticed a few of you are nearby, it would be great to meet someday! I am bummed that I missed the Farmville swap in August. :-( I was reading the posts - did you end up getting together last April?

Back
Top Bottom