mule ducks?

ppimf

Songster
7 Years
Nov 15, 2012
ellis kansas
i'm tring to figure this all out , some people say that you cross breed of a duck with a scovie it will be a mule? i have rouen, pekins, runners, black swedish, mallards, khaki campbell,cauya ducks if i let them all together will i have any offspring that would be mules?

No mules from that bunch, because those are all mallard-derived domestic breeds.

Mutts, yes, but all offspring would be able to reproduce (barring health issues) viable offspring of their own.

No mules from that bunch, because those are all mallard-derived domestic breeds.

Mutts, yes, but all offspring would be able to reproduce (barring health issues) viable offspring of their own.
X2.

Lovely mutts but no mules.

Yup, as long as you don't have any muscovy, you won't have any mules. Just mutt ducks, which are fine as long as you have a plan for the offspring.

well i will be having the rouen and peking and runner sets seperated, but i got an extra pekin male, and mallard male, that will be with the swedish, cayou and the campbell girls just wasn't sure if i sound allow them to raise a clutch if they went broody this next year. so when a duck mixes like that will the ducks be just a mix or will one be pekin and the next cayuga? thanks for all your help as this is my first year with ducks :) they are so fun

and i got the pekin male with the pekin girls and the raise some ducklings can their dad breed them without issues?

well the pure breeds i have most of them sold lol "counting my eggs before they hatch " and the other girls are just my eggers i need a few more lol

well i will be having the rouen and peking and runner sets seperated, but i got an extra pekin male, and mallard male, that will be with the swedish, cayou and the campbell girls just wasn't sure if i sound allow them to raise a clutch if they went broody this next year. so when a duck mixes like that will the ducks be just a mix or will one be pekin and the next cayuga? thanks for all your help as this is my first year with ducks :) they are so fun
Just mixes of the two breeds.
and i got the pekin male with the pekin girls and the raise some ducklings can their dad breed them without issues?
Yes you can breed back to a parent. Later down the line you will want to introduce new blood.

Back
Top Bottom