MULTIPLE CHICKEN COOPS

shmeggs

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 24, 2013
I have 2 coops now and feel like I need maybe 2 more coops. does most people have multiple coops or a single big coop.

I have 2 coops now and feel like I need maybe 2 more coops. does most people have multiple coops or a single big coop.

Hey shmeggs, I have a larger one and a small one and need at least another large one. Mine is 7.5' x 12' and the small is 4' x 6'. Just using it for babies now but got 33 in the incubator now. Gotta get busy.
wee.gif

We have one large coop, one small coop and are in the process of building a much larger coop for more chicks we want to get later this year. I could see us eventually having 2 or 3 more than that eventually. Chicken math at work. :)

Last edited:
We have multiple coops. Some are for younger chickens and some are to keep pure hatching eggs. We also have water fowl. Nine plus coops so far.

I have a new 10' x 14' and an older 12' x 20' coop. I want more… If I had a horse barn, that would be just great by me. Forty or sixty feet long and at least 12' wide might keep my dreams busy for a while. But three the size of what I have will most likely have to do. Something about chickens makes one get the Noah's Ark syndrome, need at least two of everything.

I guess my advise is build big and build often.

RJ

I have a new 10' x 14' and an older 12' x 20' coop. I want more… If I had a horse barn, that would be just great by me. Forty or sixty feet long and at least 12' wide might keep my dreams busy for a while. But three the size of what I have will most likely have to do. Something about chickens makes one get the Noah's Ark syndrome, need at least two of everything.

RJ

I really envy you your coops.
thumbsup.gif

RJ
Awesome advise. I never realized how much I would love to own chickens, and the more the merrier. We have 5 acres surrounded by wilderness, so...yeah. I could see some serious space being used for chickens.
fl.gif

Coops are also effected by chicken math, the more chickens you get (which you will
tongue.png
), the more coops you'll need.

You can never have enough chicken coops!!!

I have 1 big for most of my chickens to roost in, then I have another nesting coop which I am converting into the pullet pen. I also have two breeding pens (for the breeding season) and finally one little tractor which has a broody mum and her babies in it.

Back
Top Bottom