Murry mcmurry surprise chick

sickbyc.gif
I hate those things they are so ugly * 10.
sickbyc.gif

The free rare chick in my McMurray order was a silver spangled hamburg. My neighbor fell in love with him so he's her prob.......uh, rooster now :D

I ordered the Duke's Mixture from McMurray last summer plus the one rare, ended up with 14 pullets and 14 roos (super lucky) and my rare is a Golden Penciled Hamburg pullet. She's the most skittish thing ever. I will totally order from them again.

I dont know what my 'rare' was. Im still trying to identify everything. I ordered 26 diffrent breeds... so umm.. alittle tricky! But I do know that my 8 bantams I ordered became 17 magically... Guess they must have had alot of extra bantams. ;)

I do have some that Im really not sure what they are at all...so this MIGHT be the mystery chick... or not. I really dont know!
front chick and the one in the corner that only her head is showing:

Black with white under and VERY orange legs and beak AND the little black and white bantam with black feet/beak

But isnt playing "guess the breed/gender" part of the fun? lol

We received our McMurray order just last week. Our mystery chick is a little black/grey thing with a colored beak. We searched for photos and videos and we are thinking he/she might be a Black Australorp. McMurray was great to work with; four of our White Wyandottes didn't make it through the first 48 hours of being home and they refunded us for the birds. They also answered a lot of questions and asked a bunch of as well to make sure we were confident in caring for our first flock.

I can't wait to see our little mystery chick grow into whatever he/she is!

I dont know what my 'rare' was. Im still trying to identify everything. I ordered 26 diffrent breeds... so umm.. alittle tricky! But I do know that my 8 bantams I ordered became 17 magically... Guess they must have had alot of extra bantams. ;)

I do have some that Im really not sure what they are at all...so this MIGHT be the mystery chick... or not. I really dont know!
front chick and the one in the corner that only her head is showing:

Black with white under and VERY orange legs and beak AND the little black and white bantam with black feet/beak

But isnt playing "guess the breed/gender" part of the fun? lol

That's really cool! I guess they figured since you were ordering so many you had room for some of their extras! The only hatchery I've ordered from was My Pet Chicken, and then don't send extras, so I didn't get any. :(

That's really cool! I guess they figured since you were ordering so many you had room for some of their extras! The only hatchery I've ordered from was My Pet Chicken, and then don't send extras, so I didn't get any. :(

LOL I only ordered 26 and added 8 more. That's hardly a big order for them! Its going to be a pain to try to place them all! And meaties male beasties?! lord I cant kill my own birds..... But at least the ones that I've gotten so far are GORGEOUS little guys. They are still pretty skittish but they are doing a little better now.

Back
Top Bottom