Muscovies in US - REGULATION CHANGES OPEN FOR COMMENTS - 10/1 update

You can add J.M. Hatchery to your list of those still selling muscovy ducklings. We received ours mid-March but I believe they are still selling. You just have to call them on the phone directly if you want to order them and you can't order direct from their website.

I don't know about the quality. I hope good! They are supposed to be large and are white.

I called Dr. Allen the other day and what I took away from the phone call was that essentially you can carry on business as usual with privately owned Muscovy that do not inhabit public bodies of water, ie lakes, rivers, & streams. The regulation is going into effect March 31st as is but they are working on re-working it to acknowledge both utility & exhibition birds to the best of their ability while still protecting the wild birds in south TX and allowing states to control feral Muscovy populations. As the regulation already states that you can retain Muscovy you already own, there will be no problem "owning" Muscovy even after the regulation goes into effect. He said that they will not be hunting people down who have Muscovy or who buy Muscovy after the regulation goes into effect.

He also stated that he would like to receive Emails from people regarding two things at this point, A). how you utilize Muscovy in your situation (i.e. pets, meat, eggs, insect control, etc.) and B). How the regulation can be re-worded to account for domestic, privately owned Muscovy. He would like these Emails sooner rather than later so that they can move forward to get this regulation changed.

Friday morning I had to go to Tulsa to pick up some stuff for my mom. Totally a
spur of the moment trip.

On the way back I purchased a breeding pair of Chocolate Muscovy Ducks. Will
post photos later today.

Also, my wonderful and beautiful wife bought me a laptop. Now she gets her home
computer back!

Here is our first photos. Am offering a Presale on hatching eggs in the auction section.

47716_chocolate_muscovy_ducks.jpg

Last edited:
nice ducks bubba,
thanks for update
you can remove meyers here is a reply
We are no longer selling the muscovy ducks. Our last shippment was inearly March. Erincustomer service

i know he works for the gov but why doesnt he lurk on the poultry boards hed get a good ideal of what they are used for
ok i had a common sence sec.
wink.png

thanks for addy to list does any one know any show breeders that sell ducklings i wont wastte money on eggs they never hatch for me unless i pick them up from the breeder I sent a antique teapot to a pal and the post office worker in front of me dropped it on the floor and kicked it to another employee while i called him something nice and yes it had fragile all over it. I think thats why he kicked it.

Quote:
Absolutely! Unless a package is insured, at best they treat it like any other package whether you write fragile on it a million times or state that there is a newborn baby inside, other times they treat it like a soccer ball. I think at one point there was a Dateline episode done on the USPS showing just this very thing. When I first started shipping eggs I wrote fragile at the request of the buyer but didn't insure the package. Of course, eggs arrived pre-scrambled. Next shipment I sent w/out writing the words fragile on it and I think all but one were intact. I don't skimp on my packing, either. Each egg is individually wrapped in a sandwich baggie, then wrapped in bubble wrap that overlaps both ends by about an inch, then it is placed in a small box with bubble wrap on all sides, top & bottom. That box is then placed inside a larger box with a ton of newspaper on all sides before getting taped.

Finally I started requiring insurance on every package and that all but ended broken eggs. Incidentally, when we were shipping packages to my brother in Iraq & Afghanistan we insured every package whether it had snacks or a laptop. He said that you wouldn't believe the boxes that would arrive, uninsured, and have been rifled through. A disgrace someone would steal from soldiers serving our country but happen it did. Once they're financially liable for it arriving in one piece - it did.

Last edited:
Well for the most part I have followed rules even when I felt it was no ones bussiness...my chickens are legal...my dogs are licensed...BUT I guess things are changing get the handcuffs ready because I am about to load the bator with scovies....

Last edited:
guess things are changing get the handcuffs ready because I am about to load the bator with scovies

ROFLMAO:lol:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

IL BAKE YOU A CAKE!! file included

Just out of curiosity, does anyone live in an area where there is a feral Muscovy population problem? I don't mean like in my area where there are 5 or 6 Muscovies at the local park lakes mixed in with the dozens of Pekins, Rouens, Mallards or 5000 year round resident Canadian geese that seem to be eveywhere, but a real Muscovy population problem.

Back
Top Bottom