Muscovy ducks

I bought 3 ducks to do a similar thing. I left them in the shelter for 24 hours. Let them out in the morning Went to work. When I came home one was on my pond, one was in a water ditch in the field, and one was I. The neighbors pond. I tried to catch the one in the ditch and it flew to the neighbors pond. Lol
I kept feeding the o e that stayed. Did not feed the other two. At the end of day 2 I walked over and gave them a half ration of food. All the time I was shaking the food to make noise in the bucket. Did the same thing the next day. On the third day of half rations I shook the food bucket and they flew to me I gave them a handful of pellets. Walked towards my pond and did it again. They followed me all the way. Once at the pond I made sure there was plenty of food. They do fly back and forth but mostly in my pond.

Hopefully you find them

my Muscovies are not like my Embden which pair one-to-one for life. you still need diversification in their genes else you'll start seeing deformities

to own poultry birds mean you need to protect them. they are called "livestock" because their lives depends on you. build them a secure and safe place to sleep and a place for the to roam without getting kill unnecessary. I fence our pond for them and run strings over the pond to keep flying hunters out.

my Muscovies are not like my Embden which pair one-to-one for life. you still need diversification in their genes else you'll start seeing deformities

to own poultry birds mean you need to protect them. they are called "livestock" because their lives depends on you. build them a secure and safe place to sleep and a place for the to roam without getting kill unnecessary. I fence our pond for them and run strings over the pond to keep flying hunters out.
:goodpost:

Mine have a large 20x40 fenced in area covered by sun shades and stock tanks to swim in. They have a little dog house to sleep in at night once my sassy girl has her eggs hatch. Victor will still come in at night so that he does not endanger the little ones as I have been told Drakes can endanger ducklings. I will have to get him a new mate while sassy raises her ducklings I guess. He will go in the neighboring 20x40 pen that will also be covered by sunshades and it will have its own stock tank and doghouse.

Back
Top Bottom