Muscovy pushed hatching egg out of the nest!? What do I do?

May 4, 2022
First time Muscovy hen has been sitting on nest and this morning we found a hatching egg pushed out of the nest. My teen pulled the egg out and brought it in, we took it back out right away but Mama started pecking at it. What do we do now?? Baby is moving and making sounds. I will attach picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 69
We don’t. I read that it takes a little bit for them to get temp and humidity right before you put them in, would it be worth it to run and get one today or would this little guy need to come out before then?

We don’t. I read that it takes a little bit for them to get temp and humidity right before you put them in, would it be worth it to run and get one today or would this little guy need to come out before then?
He may need to hatch before then
Mom may be trying to help it or she could send it flying again
I don’t have a lot of experience with broody moms but @Miss Lydia has and she has Muscovy ducks

Do you know what day this egg is in? Did you try and put the egg under mama? she could have been helping it hatch my Muscovy do this. it's just hard to know. But might be worth it to put the egg in your hand so she doesn't see it and slip it back under her. Then watch and wait to see how she reacts. I had to take an egg away from my Muscovy that was hatching I already had a brooder set up because I had 2 ducklings in it so I made a separate area in the brooder and placed this egg that had its shell crushed in the small side with heat lamp over the middle so both sides were getting heat. The duckling hatched with a little help from me. If mama rejects it make sure to keep it warm while it finishes hatching .How is she doing with the other eggs?

Back
Top Bottom