My 16 day old cracked Muscovy egg passed away after living for 5 days. (Warning Sensitive Content)

Ohhh, ok. Thank you so much!
The current temperature is 37.6-37.9, the set temperature varies by 2 points at all times.
The humidity is reading 57 right now, but it changed as soon as I opened the lid. I hate the fact that I was told to keep the styrofoam on the bottom so I can’t see the humidity unless I open the lid!
I’m going to take it off and see what happens with the temperature.
I just put in a new gauge this morning.
That’s way to high!
How do I get it down?!
The vent is open! Ugh!
HOW can this be correct??? I don’t know why it’s ready this high and HOW can I get it down???
Could my incubator be broken?
The gauge is brand new!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 5
HOW can this be correct??? I don’t know why it’s ready this high and HOW can I get it down???
Could my incubator be broken?
The gauge is brand new!
I would take the eggs out & remove all water. While you have the eggs out, can you get pictures of the incubator with the top off?

Sure!
I need help!!!
I just took all the water out and it keeps going up!
I’m at a complete loss…
It takes time for the humidity to drop. When I clean mine, dry them off, then turn them on, the humidity is high like yours. That's because there is still a layer of moisture on the plastic.

The pics you posted of the eggs being candled- is this your eggs at day 16? Asking because if so the air cell looks small which would indicate humidity is too high although I don’t think this causes problems until hatch?
I judge my humidity based on the size of the air cell (I hatch chicken and quail eggs so there may be variations) for me dry incubating until lockdown works best- but again I judge this based on how the air cell is developing.
I think it’s very unlikely an egg will go from being alive to exploding within a few days - but I’ve never had an egg explode.
It takes awhile to figure out what works best for you- incubator type, humidity and temps where you live and type of eggs all are factors and everyone has different preferences.
Yes there is so much conflicting information out there which makes it hard for people starting off but don’t be discouraged you will find what works for you.

I don’t think ducks just sit on eggs, they need to go broody first I believe and when they go broody will depend on the duck (again I’m not experienced with ducks so this is a guess)

I would take the eggs out & remove all water. While you have the eggs out, can you get pictures of the incubator with the top off?
I took out the water and the humidity crashed. Then I put in just a little and after an hour of fussing I go it at 45 percent, went to the post office and by the time I came back it was 37 percent. I put it BACK in the styrofoam and just cut it down a bit. This morning it was at 36, messed with adding a little more warm water and closed the vent halfway and got it to 44 percent.
I’m going to lose this whole batch because of this crap incubator.
I’m terrified to candle my eggs because I know they’ll all be gone. 😢💔

I took out the water and the humidity crashed. Then I put in just a little and after an hour of fussing I go it at 45 percent, went to the post office and by the time I came back it was 37 percent. I put it BACK in the styrofoam and just cut it down a bit. This morning it was at 36, messed with adding a little more warm water and closed the vent halfway and got it to 44 percent.
I’m going to lose this whole batch because of this crap incubator.
I’m terrified to candle my eggs because I know they’ll all be gone. 😢💔
The pics you posted of the eggs being candled- is this your eggs at day 16? Asking because if so the air cell looks small which would indicate humidity is too high although I don’t think this causes problems until hatch?
I judge my humidity based on the size of the air cell (I hatch chicken and quail eggs so there may be variations) for me dry incubating until lockdown works best- but again I judge this based on how the air cell is developing.
I think it’s very unlikely an egg will go from being alive to exploding within a few days - but I’ve never had an egg explode.
It takes awhile to figure out what works best for you- incubator type, humidity and temps where you live and type of eggs all are factors and everyone has different preferences.
Yes there is so much conflicting information out there which makes it hard for people starting off but don’t be discouraged you will find what works for you.

I don’t think ducks just sit on eggs, they need to go broody first I believe and when they go broody will depend on the duck (again I’m not experienced with ducks so this is a guess)
Thank you!
I’m having such a hard time! Last time was cake, but I had a different incubator and was incubating Wood duck eggs.
This is an expensive incubator with over 4 stars, last one was just a starter incubator and it did great. Hatched 5 healthy ducklings! This one is consuming my whole life. All I do if fuss with it, read articles on how to keep my eggs alive and try everything possible. When deep down I know that I’m going to lose them all.
I can’t go on this way for another month, as I have 5 different ages in there.. 💔

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 96B30223-F88C-4E98-8207-F9BA831B608B.jpeg
    96B30223-F88C-4E98-8207-F9BA831B608B.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 0
I know I need to candle them but I’m so afraid that they will all be dead! I did as you said and the humidity plummeted. So I added a little bit of water and it took me hours to get it at 44 percent. It’s ALL I do lately is fuss with the incubator when I have a million other things I have to tend to. But we want these ducklings so badly!!

Attachments

• 25FF1677-E2D3-44DA-8EFF-42D9BBD2028F.jpeg
    25FF1677-E2D3-44DA-8EFF-42D9BBD2028F.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 1
I know I need to candle them but I’m so afraid that they will all be dead! I did as you said and the humidity plummeted. So I added a little bit of water and it took me hours to get it at 44 percent. It’s ALL I do lately is fuss with the incubator when I have a million other things I have to tend to. But we want these ducklings so badly!!
Now, ten minutes later it’s at 51. 🥺

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 3
Sorry for your loss
I to had this happen and mine lasted a little longer but still passed
I also used wax and opened my egg to see what happened

My baby had feathers that was pure white was small as it wasn’t hatch time yet but was developed perfectly
It was a shock to me as I had never got a white baby before
With pekin mom and khaki dad I was use to brown and black
But that meant my other drake must have got her who carried a white gene as it’s the only way
Not sure yet how the baby had pure white as they usually are born yellow
Maybe they change yellow before hatch ?
I was also heart broken
I can’t remember but I think day 20 give or take a few

Attachments

• 5CD7EE9C-EF1B-48E3-A296-9DA4CDBD308F.png
    5CD7EE9C-EF1B-48E3-A296-9DA4CDBD308F.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • E180B94C-E3F9-4909-89A5-E66C952A6ADB.png
    E180B94C-E3F9-4909-89A5-E66C952A6ADB.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • EFB6922F-49E2-40AA-9D2A-C4D4C1EF9A7A.png