My 8 week olds

ketojenn

Crowing
Jun 18, 2018
North Dakota
They are 9 weeks, not 8, if it matters I'm still not sure, but I think I have two boys. They don't quack, just a soft, raspy sound. I'm ok with either sex, it's just bugging me that I can't be sure. Lol
When do Drake feathers come in?

Pip
IMG_20190604_072228.jpg

IMG_20190604_072235.jpg

The lighting is bad today. Pip has very pretty blue/teal wing bars.

Squeek
IMG_20190604_072254.jpg

IMG_20190604_072252.jpg

I have 15 babies coming in two weeks, so I will have a nice little flock by end of summer. I'm planning to weed out most of my chickens and keep more ducks and quail. They are turning out to be my favorite animals.

I think your Pip is a male. It is starting to get the dark dark head and if you look at the feathers around the chest they are turning a rusty brown.

I am sadly not as well versed in the other breed so I cannot offer any insight there.

Thanks, I was thinking drakes. I got them in a surprise box this spring. I did not want ducks because everyone talks about their mess, but I haven't found them to be any messier than the chickens and turkeys. They have really won me over. They are so much quieter and I love watching them diving and playing in the little pond I built. My husband likes them better too.

They pal around with a couple broad breasted turkeys that are the same age. When I let them out to range, those 4 are always together, chatting and devouring dandelions. It's so cute.

Back
Top Bottom