My baby chick keeps twitching it’s head and I don’t know if something is wrong with it.

Chickens4572

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2022
So I took my chickens outside to be in the sun and play or whatever and I seen my baby chick tryna sleep but it kept twitching its head like if there were a fly or something on it’s head bothering it. I don’t know why its doing it but i’m im a little concerned because I’m not an expert or anything but I don’t think its normal..? I’ve had other baby chicks in the past and i’ve never seen them do that so could somebody please help me?

They can be outside full time, it's warm enough.
What's it's diet?
It sounds like vitamin deficiency, that's easy to treat. 1 400i.u vitamin E capsule and a third of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks. You can get these at the grocery store, any brand, just mix it into her food

So I took my chickens outside to be in the sun and play or whatever and I seen my baby chick tryna sleep but it kept twitching its head like if there were a fly or something on it’s head bothering it. I don’t know why its doing it but i’m im a little concerned because I’m not an expert or anything but I don’t think its normal..? I’ve had other baby chicks in the past and i’ve never seen them do that so could somebody please help me?
How old, in weeks, are these chicks?
What all and how exactly are you feeding them?

So an update I woke up this morning and found it dead.. I’m devastated because just a couple days ago another died but not for the same reason. I was just feeding them the the chick starter food and sometimes they’d a find a few small bugs on the ground here and there. I was also
giving them water and they were warm all the time so I don’t really know if it was the food or something. I also don’t necessarily know how old it was probably 2.5 weeks? Since I got them a pet store.Well it’s gone now… But thank you to those who responded I appreciate it.

Last edited:
So an update I woke up this morning and found it dead.. I’m devastated because just a couple days ago another died but not for the same reason. I was just feeding them the the chick starter food and sometimes they’d a find a few small bugs on the ground here and there. I was also
giving them water and they were warm all the time so I don’t really know if it was the food or something. I also don’t necessarily know how old it was probably 2.5 weeks? Since I got them a pet store.Well it’s gone now… But thank you to those who responded I appreciate it.
I am so sorry. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom