My baby quail is sleeping constantly

Ehowrey

Hatching
May 28, 2023
So I rescued a baby quail the other day and so far he has been fine but ever since yesterday night/ this morning he has constantly been sleeping, I got him a 250w heating lamp and have been checking on him constantly along with feeding him vitamins and grinding up his food. he will fall asleep anywhere I set him or even when Im holding him and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, he also has a constant source of water if anyone has any tips about food or anything like that please let me know.

So I rescued a baby quail the other day and so far he has been fine but ever since yesterday night/ this morning he has constantly been sleeping, I got him a 250w heating lamp and have been checking on him constantly along with feeding him vitamins and grinding up his food. he will fall asleep anywhere I set him or even when Im holding him and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, he also has a constant source of water if anyone has any tips about food or anything like that please let me know.
Sounds like he may have just had a rough go of it.

You can make a mash of his food - just add some water to it. Then I would also consider adding some sugar to its water.

Here is a link to the quail forum as well. Those folks know much more about quail behavior than most of us do.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/quail.48/

Back
Top Bottom