My Beautiful Silkie Cockerel, Simon is almost 17 weeks old.

Aww....Poor guy, sounds like he might have been lonely! I think roosters know when a person is scared of them, and they do take advantage. :D
There definitely were no chickens in our neighborhood.
But yeah, he definitely knew I was scared of him. My Dad would walk outside to help me to the car most days. He would run a short distance and keep that distance from him. My Dad always talked to him too. Asking him why he must always try to chase me. My Dad adored him though. He named him, Charlie. He was sad when he disappeared.
My Dad's Grandma had Chickens when he was growing up so he was very comfortable with him.
My Uncle Dad's brother had Bearded Silkies when I was about 11 years old. I fell in love with the breed because to me, they didn't look scary at all.
I guess raising chickens is in my genes.

There definitely were no chickens in our neighborhood.
But yeah, he definitely knew I was scared of him. My Dad would walk outside to help me to the car most days. He would run a short distance and keep that distance from him. My Dad always talked to him too. Asking him why he must always try to chase me. My Dad adored him though. He named him, Charlie. He was sad when he disappeared.
My Dad's Grandma had Chickens when he was growing up so he was very comfortable with him.
My Uncle Dad's brother had Bearded Silkies when I was about 11 years old. I fell in love with the breed because to me, they didn't look scary at all.
I guess raising chickens is in my genes.
Things like this at a young age can leave impressions that culminate into something later in life. And definitely is genetic. :)

Back
Top Bottom