Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't Like Quail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HarleyQuailison

Chirping
Sep 20, 2018
So for those who read my two other posts about my pet quail, here is an update!! 1st, the bully male did not get recaptured and I've given up hope, however, this left just my Female and her Mate, and ALL calmed down, no more freaking!! 2nd, there was no centipede bite, THANK GOD!!! And 3rd, My girl has surprised me Sunday with laying Eggs!! So far there are 3. These are her first EVER eggs and I'm so excited!! Peace, Love, and Harmony has been restored!! Thanks everyone!!
IMAG6751~2.jpg
IMAG6751~2.jpg
IMAG6754~2.jpg
IMAG6842.jpg
IMAG6848.jpg
IMAG6793.jpg

Pairs make great pets from what I've read (I haven't kept them but they are darn cute). You run into trouble when trying to keep a group if you haven't got a huge, planted enclosure so losing the other male is probably for the best. Even trying to keep a trio (2 females and 1 male) rarely ends well as one female will pair up with the male and the other will be attacked as she's seen as competition. They are very territorial. The Buttons are exactly the same - best kept as 1 pair per enclosure.

Are you going to leave her eggs to see if she goes broody or enjoy them for breakfast?

Pairs make great pets from what I've read (I haven't kept them but they are darn cute). You run into trouble when trying to keep a group if you haven't got a huge, planted enclosure so losing the other male is probably for the best. Even trying to keep a trio (2 females and 1 male) rarely ends well as one female will pair up with the male and the other will be attacked as she's seen as competition. They are very territorial. The Buttons are exactly the same - best kept as 1 pair per enclosure.

Are you going to leave her eggs to see if she goes broody or enjoy them for breakfast?
I'm going to let nature take it's course this round and see if she broods. I'm very excited!!

Back
Top Bottom