my Buff's

missy1971

Songster
Dec 27, 2016
Harris County Georgia
Ya know sometimes I think I'm just going nuts! lol..I keep thinking my buff's are older than they are, since they are so big, at least one of them are. they are almost 10 weeks. Since my Ginny died, Lucy my big buff has sorta taken over the job of overseeing the babies. I had thought I would add an extra older hen, but I'm really torn. I turned down the one i was going to get, and im hoping i dont regret it to much. If I did that I guess now would be the time since they are not that old, i just dont know..
idunno.gif

Ya know sometimes I think I'm just going nuts! lol..I keep thinking my buff's are older than they are, since they are so big, at least one of them are. they are almost 10 weeks. Since my Ginny died, Lucy my big buff has sorta taken over the job of overseeing the babies. I had thought I would add an extra older hen, but I'm really torn. I turned down the one i was going to get, and im hoping i dont regret it to much. If I did that I guess now would be the time since they are not that old, i just dont know..
idunno.gif

I am not sure if there is a question in there or just general info, But having raised 1000's I never have the young chicks with a adult. Its not needed, They do good on their own.

Not really a question, just thinking im nuts most of the time. My girls are doing great...

Hey, as far as raising them-----They are yours, you can dress them in skirts and put lip stick on them if you want-----LOL----Because They are yours!! Never think you are nuts!! Maybe you are "nuts" about chickens!!

An update on my Lucy (Buff) with the chicks as has Sally my other buff( Lucy is the dominant one)
. Lucy has definitely stepped up to the plate as far as the chicks are concerned. I go in a couple of times a day and sit with them, trying to get them used to me. Every time I pick up a chick, Lucy watches me like a hawk, and tries to heard the others under the roost. I'm proud of her. Ginny didn't even do that. I'll have to take some pics and post

Back
Top Bottom