My Cackle Hatchery NIGHTMARE! Ideas???

I have never had a problem with Cackle Hatchery. Our family has been getting chicks from them for over 40 years. If you think about it most hatcheries have to trade birds with each other to get the breeds they need (Breeder birds). So if you are that scared you really should not order from any hatchery. I also believe that every hatchery that is certified is tested every year for various things. You should do your research and ask questions from whatever hatchery you choose to buy from if you have a farm with that many animals at risk.

I just need to vent...I placed and order with them and got a shorted order with birds dropping over dead. They sent 28 replacements and now over 1/2 of them are gone. Each day its 2 or 3 or 4. I just walked in from the brooder room and it was 3 today. They have PLENTY of ROOM and HEAT and FRESH WATER and ALWAYS FOOD IN FRONT of them AND ON PINE shavings...the SAME KIND I ALWAYS USE. Some get the droopy wings, most show no signs of anything and the next day dead. Yesterday one of the first batch older healthy polish fell over dead. Im in tears and out $150.00...the order was polish and silkies and the silkies are the ones falling over daily. Ive raised over 300 before they arrived with 2 losses, 2!!!! (they were not silkies except for aabout 10 of my own hatch) I even put some cackle chicks in with some of my own chicks in a seperate smaller brooder and guess which chicks fell over dead the VERY NEXT DAY...Cackles. My chicks are fine now days later so whatever it is it doesnt seem contagious. I cant even list symptoms...fine one day, dead the next. A few get a little weak and they are gone within hours.

ANY IDEAS ON HOW I CAN SAVE THE FEW I HAVE LEFT.
THey are on medicated chick starter and I do have some durimycin I could put in the water tho I havent.
Im ready to call them and give them a HUGE piece of my mind but that would be pointless.
Thanks for listening....
Same damn thing for me. A few years ago I ordered 15 turkeys from cackle... all died within a few weeks which was my first loss in hundreds of chicks... this year I guess I forgot how sad it had been watching those turkeys stand around and starve and I like an idiot ordered 15 geese from cackle.... they only sent 10, still havent gotten my refund and out of the 10 that I did get only 7 remain. Which made me recall the turkeys.. and at this point I'm not expecting any adult geese to come from these weak sickly I'll bred chicks that cackle sent me... again....

Same damn thing for me. A few years ago I ordered 15 turkeys from cackle... all died within a few weeks which was my first loss in hundreds of chicks... this year I guess I forgot how sad it had been watching those turkeys stand around and starve and I like an idiot ordered 15 geese from cackle.... they only sent 10, still havent gotten my refund and out of the 10 that I did get only 7 remain. Which made me recall the turkeys.. and at this point I'm not expecting any adult geese to come from these weak sickly I'll bred chicks that cackle sent me... again....
Ooohhh and I ordered 15 ducks from ideal hatchery. Received 15 and guess how many survived? 15... cackle is some old poo poo

Back
Top Bottom