My canada Geese are calling in the wild ones !!

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
I let my candada out yesterday and as soon as they walked out of the pen area 1 of the geese starts honking like crazy . I thought she was just calling for her toulouse mate that i sold 2 weeks ago . And i started to feel bad then next thing i know i hear honking from the sky and i see 2 canada geese with their landing gear out about to land in my yard .

Now i dont live on a big farm we liv on a 1 acre lot with houses right next store a high way in back of us and a busy street in from of us so i cant have canada geese landing in my yard . So i walked out into the yard and the geese turned in the air and flew over . I walked into my barn and My goose still hadnt stopped and then my other one chimed in and so im saying to my self Oh great my nieghbors are going to call the town and complain about the geese . You need to know that These canada geese NEVER make any noise . So im in the barn and again i hear honking in the air i look out the window and a flock of 6 is a foot of the ground about to land . SO i walked out and they flew away . Across the street from my house is all woods and river and a big field were the wild canda geese live in the spring summer but i havent heard any down there yet .

Is it possible that my pair can hear the wild geese down in the woods even though i cant ?

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Justin,
I remember from a poultry science class I took that ducks and especially geese have excellent hearing. I'm going to try and find my textbook and look it up but I'm sure it is considerably better then human ears.

Back
Top Bottom