My chick ate my earring

Four little chicks

In the Brooder
May 19, 2020
While I was holding my 8 week old chick, Lovie she jumped onto my shoulder and pulled out my earring. She the only chick that tries to peck at them. I got on of my other chicks, Peep to stop first try but Lovie just won’t stop. I isolated her from the others and I’m hoping she poops it out. Anyone have advice? Or ways to get her to poop it out quicker?

Did she eat the hook? If she did, then it might pierce her intestines which will kill her. I recommend bringing her to a vet immediately.

My daughter's Barnevelder cockerel pounced on and swallowed one of these before she could grab it... :-o He was maybe 3, 4 mos old at the time--that was 3 years ago, and he seems just fine. She never saw it pass or anything. I was told the crop can grind anything down in time. ::shrug!::
pin.jpg

Did she eat the hook? If she did, then it might pierce her intestines which will kill her. I recommend bringing her to a vet immediately.
Luckily she didn’t get the hook but she did get the earring with a small diamond. Hopefully the earring comes out and comes out like it came in.

I was told the crop can grind anything down in time. ::shrug!::

Lol, I'm guessing the OP wouldn't be too excited if her pullet ground up her diamond earring!

To the OP, you'll just have to wait and see what happens. You could take her to the Vet but $200 later you'll likely be in the same spot you are now. I love chickens, but there is also something to letting nature take its course.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom