My chick is sick and I dont know how to help her.

HarleysDumb

Hatching
Aug 17, 2023
I got a 4 starlight green egger from tractor supply about 2 weeks ago. Since then my one chick the smallest of the 4, has been having really liquidy brown poops. It wasn't a lot but enough that I took notice. Recently she also pooped very clear liquid with this little red goey mass in it. And today had this stringy mucus coming from her vent. Her head also keeps twitching whenever shes sleeping or laying down. I've tried giving her Vetex and de-wormer, along with the other chicks and she seems to be eating and drinking and she runs around all the time so I'm not so sure on how to help her. I usually have ducks so I'm not too familiar with chicks/chickens but If anyone knows how to help please let me know.

Welcome to BYC. Do you have any pictures of the mass or droppings? I would be tempted to get Corid (amprollium) and treat for possible coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp of liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder Corid per gallon of water. Divide by 4 if using a quart waterer. Change daily and treat for 5-7 days. Do not give B vitamins while on Corid. Symptoms of coccidiosis are runny poops, sometimes with blood, lethargy, weakness, sitting puffed up or hunched, and poor appetite.

Thank you! And sadly no but next time I see it I'll take some pictures. She sits like this sometimes I don't know if this is what you mean. (Picture below) I notice that she does sleep quite a bit but will always get up after her nap and run around and eat some food and drink water before taking another nap. But I'll try that. I've just been feeding them chick started from tractor supply is there anything else I should be putting in their food or water?

Attachments

• 16923097656676535898314694400161.jpg
    16923097656676535898314694400161.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom