My chicken ate some white chocolate!

choco_

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2022
I have a 5 month old pet chicken who likes to sleep in my room, she has a chair just for her besides my bed, today i was eating some white chocolate on my bed and had to do something so left it unattended on the side of the bed..i forgot that my chicken is ferocious for any food and when i came back she had eaten a bite of it, she wheighs abiut 2kilos~ and I've seen that white chocolate is the least dangerous there is, should i still be worried?

I wouldn't worry too much, I am interested in how she managed to pick at the chocolate enough to eat it! She must be smart

The only harm of white chocolate is the sugar. White chocolate isn't technically chocolate at all and contains no cocoa which is what can be toxic to animals. The reason cocoa can be toxic is that it contains theobromine which is a stimulate (in the same category as caffeine) and many animals cannot metabolize it.

The only harm of white chocolate is the sugar. White chocolate isn't technically chocolate at all and contains no cocoa which is what can be toxic to animals. The reason cocoa can be toxic is that it contains theobromine which is a stimulate (in the same category as caffeine) and many animals cannot metabolize it.
Yeah I researched for a good while cause i knew chocolate could be really toxic but thankfully im not a fan of any dark chocolates

Back
Top Bottom