My chicken diary... One chick's journey

I used multiple kinds of wire because thats what i had.... Some is rabbit fencing, some chicken wire, some this green coated stuff i have no idea what its used for... Maybe gardening. And the whole run is covered in chickenwire.

I just love this pic, so im adding it here... Lol

Almost time to put my old birds in with the new. I will let you know how it goes.... Yzma (my avatar) is my top hen... I hope she dont beat em up roo bad....

Everyone is roosting except Aspen. So I will tell you how it went...

Within a minute, Helios bred my poor Brigit. I think i am going to make her an apron. Nobody was picked on more than any other and no blood was drawn but i had one incident when Helios had Nixi pinned (littlest one) and mean old Aspen was pecking at her. I broke that up real quick. I am not sure if i should let my old birds out tomorrow to give the new ones a break or if that will only make the process take longer....

Last edited:
I guess I will wait and see. If mean old Aspen keeps up her bologna she may get seperated for a few. Not sure how if it comes to that.... But i will figure it out. Right now im hoping helios was only trying to breed Nixi and not trying to kill her. He may find himself seperated if he keeps up his nonsense.

Guess what! The chicks made it up to the roost with the big birds without help. Took Nixi a couple tries, but she got it. There has been some squabling but it quieted eventually.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom