My chicken eggs are at day 23 and have not hatched. Is there any hope left for them?

Okay, my humidity is now 65%. Thank you for the advise! I do not have any pips in the quail or chicken eggs, but I am waiting. The quail eggs are on day 16. The chicken eggs are on day 24.

I would not. If you do that you are looking at a staggered hatch. And while staggered hatches can be successful, if you don't have a second bator for hatch they can be hard and you can't give the eggs the optimal conditions they need throughout the incubation/hatch, especially where turning and humidity is concerned.  You would be better off collecting the eggs that you want to set over the week period, storing them (most store upright in cartons at 50-65F and many tilt during storage) and then setting them all at once.  

That's a good humidity for the first 17 days if it's accurate, but that's a real low hatching humidity. I wouldn't hatch less than 60-65% if you are hands off and 70-75% hands on.

Hi Taru, 98-100 degrees in a still-air incubator is fairly cool. I've read it should be 101.5 at the top of the eggs. That might be why they are running late.

How confident are you that the temperature was accurate?

Great news! A tiny quail chick just hatched, and it is ADORABLE! It is so tiny, and it has brown stripes over yellow down. I am hoping for some more quail chicks, and we will see what happens!
-Confused Taru

Back
Top Bottom