My chicken got tangled in a fly strip!

my concern would be that the chicken tries to clean it off herself and gets it stuck in her beak or ingests it.
1) "goof off"- thats what i would use, just make sure to rinse it off good cause i doubt its animal friendly, not that a fly strip is.
2) witch hazel(think thats what its called)? i remember my dad using it to get pine sap off his hands.
3) vinegar

Oil then soap. Use either coconut oil or-yes- peanut butter. Rub it in well, let it sit for a few minutes then wash the oil off with soap (diluted original Dawn works well). Rinse well. Note: full strength dawn may be needed but is difficult to rinse out completely.

Does anyone know how to clean the sticky stuff (from a fly strip) off of a chicken's feathers?
lau.gif
This is so funny from the other side. I feel your pain, my husband's not-so-brilliant cat has had the same problem. Baby and mineral oil were suggested. We had vitamin e oil and that worked fine. It also gets duct tape off snakes, as I had to learn. Washing afterwards with Dawn helps get rid of the new problem of an oily animal.

Last edited:
Oil then soap. Use either coconut oil or-yes- peanut butter. Rub it in well, let it sit for a few minutes then wash the oil off with soap (diluted original Dawn works well). Rinse well. Note: full strength dawn may be needed but is difficult to rinse out completely.

Peanut butter. I've used it to get fly strip out of my own hair :(

Does anyone know how to clean the sticky stuff (from a fly strip) off of a chicken's feathers?
I used coconut oil and it worked great!! Then used dawn to wash their area and rinsed. My young Roo had the fly strip stuck pretty good. But the coconut oil worked amazing!

Back
Top Bottom