My chicks hatched i dnt know if its good or bad pics inside

re electrolytes. I don't think we have such things in the UK! Would one of those sports type drinks - the sort that give you extra energy - work similarly?
Glad to hear the others are doing well though.....

Chris, that is what I used the first day because I did not have any electrolytes. It obviously worked great because my weak chick was better before I even got the electrolytes. I would not use it long term if it contains sugar, but otherwise I would think it would work in a pinch.

Marie

Hi i was thinking i ha dnever heard of them too but i was just trying diffrent things the chick did get a little better and perked up more than it was but thismorning it died i was plesed in a way as i think it had a problem with its leg and its neck and thats why it couldnt stand normaly etc but i dont think it sufferd as it seemed happy but just wasnt strong enough iv just buried it in the garden just then just hope the dogs dont try and dig it up i would feel so bad.

So sorry about your poorly chick, but at least you didn't have to make the decision - I hope the others are doing OK! I do hope that the yellow chick is a pullet!

Take yourself off to the poultry show and see what suggests itself!

Did the fox clear you out completely?

My last 'raid' was at 2.30 in the afternoon 10ft from my front door! I lost a leghorn I had reared and my buff orpington cockerel lost most of his tail. So much for protecting his ladies, man, he was running!! We seem to get urban foxes released round here and they have no fear at all!
sad.png

My light susex 2 hens and cock where the last ones the fox gt but its had about 4 or 5 or my bantams that i have had from chicks i got them with there mum there was here and 13 chicks bit i only have her and 5 others now havent had the fox in a bit now. Im going to the york poltry market tomorow of rare breeds so im hopeing to get something a bit diffrent im so exited about going lol i know it sounds sad lolk ill sent pics of what ever i chose to buy im just going through the catalog now iv herdly heard of any of the breeds il just see whats there and get something that looks a bit diffrent.

Give yourself a break and cheer yourself up! You've been through a lot.....

Do a 'Google' search on the breeds and you should be able to have a look at what's on offer! I would recommend BYC breed site, but we seem to call things/spell things differently in the UK!!

Cheers..... Chrissie

Hi im fine now the 3 are doing fine and i went out and bought a trio of buff orpinetons. there realy cute il post a pic when i get one i paid £90 for them was that too much do u think?

Back
Top Bottom