my chook pooped an incomplete egg???

Thefallenfeather

Chirping
Oct 2, 2022
I just walked outside to put everyone away and was chasing my drake into the pen when I found one of my hens sitting on the table in the pen. So I looked at her about to pick her up and put here with the others when I saw a weird poo. I though it was a weird cream blobby poop, so I picked it and it was a yoke. next to it one the ground is the shell witch is like a wet balloon I guess and in her poop on the table is the rest of the egg white.

Can anyone help me please?
P.S. I just kicked her off a nest up the back of the yard about a week ago.
20230503_183219.jpg
20230503_183211.jpg
20230503_183204.jpg
20230503_183201.jpg
20230503_183158.jpg

Attachments

• 20230503_183215.jpg
    20230503_183215.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 1
I get that kind of egg occasionally from my ducks and I believe the soft shell can mean she needs more calcium. what kind of feed are you serving and does she have oyster shells or some other extra calcium source available to her?

you come from the land down under, I see.
Chickens sometimes have glitches, you should wait and see if it’s a one time thing or not, any way I think calcium would help, but I’m not an expert.
You can feel her belly to see if something feels strange, that might need extra attention.

I feed them pollard and barastoc grains and greens. downstairs I have a bag of pellets I am yet to bring up and add to their food. about 2 months ago I threw some cuttle fish bones to them but in saying all that I do have 15 birds in total so there's a chance she's been missing out on the feed.

you come from the land down under, I see.
Chickens sometimes have glitches, you should wait and see if it’s a one time thing or not, any way I think calcium would help, but I’m not an expert.
You can feel her belly to see if something feels strange, that might need extra attention.
Her belly? is that just in front of her fluffy bum feathers?

Back
Top Bottom