My drake is acting aggressive twards me and his friend

What country are you in? Here the weather has been so crazy cold then warm again I think their hormones are confused. Plus their little brains too. LOL. I even have ducks molting and one chicken still finishing up her molt never have I had anyone molt this time of year.

What country are you in? Here the weather has been so crazy cold then warm again I think their hormones are confused. Plus their little brains too. LOL. I even have ducks molting and one chicken still finishing up her molt never have I had anyone molt this time of year.
I'm from turkey..I know LoL their brain is tiny but they are smarter than chickens and i love them for this...The weather here is cold most of the days

They are funny critters for sure. I love to sit and watch my ducks to me they are like little clowns. Especially my Runners, But Pekins always look like they are smiling which is so cute . When you get time please post some pictures of your boys.

Last edited:
They are funny critters for sure. I love to sit and watch my ducks to me they are like little clowns. Especially my Runners, But Pekins always look like they are smiling which is so cute . When you get time please post some pictures of your boys.
LoL..I love runners too..They are so cute and it's unfortunate that I don't have one..Pekins are just devils with smiley face 😈 lmao..My Pekin is so brave and he just do whatever he wants..My anacona is so not brave lmao 🤣😂..He hates new things..Today morning was sunny but cold asf..Idk how they can swim in this weather
IMG_20231224_074943_065.jpg

They are beautiful. Mine were out swimming at 30*F
I have 2 Runner drakes from feeling sorry for my Old Muscovy female [12] she wanted so badly to brood I gave her 2 Runner eggs and she proudly gave me 2 drakes which are like twins they are so close. But I have no idea what this spring will bring once mating season starts. Before these 2 boys I had one Runner drake and one Muscovy drake and both boys kept to their females. It's going to be a circus I do believe.
How is iot going since you separated your 2?

They are beautiful. Mine were out swimming at 30*F
I have 2 Runner drakes from feeling sorry for my Old Muscovy female [12] she wanted so badly to brood I gave her 2 Runner eggs and she proudly gave me 2 drakes which are like twins they are so close. But I have no idea what this spring will bring once mating season starts. Before these 2 boys I had one Runner drake and one Muscovy drake and both boys kept to their females. It's going to be a circus I do believe.
How is iot going since you separated your 2?
Thx..wow your muscovy is old😍🥰...Yeah LoL your drakes are going to act Coco crazy 🤪 😂..I hope your runners find some ladies in this mating season LoL 😆.My ducks seem fine..My Pekin was calmer today(He still wants to bite my hand lmao) and he was nice to his anacona friend too..I removed the wall that separate them today actually and I want to see if the Pekin is going to act crazy again or not..

Once a drake or rooster becomes aggressive toward you or someone else most likely it will be impossible to get him to stop. Most of the time, there really isn't much you can do. You will read about holding them for like 20 minutes a day, but I find when you put them down they turn around and start being a jerk.
Female ducks might help things but again sometimes nothing works. Once they get something in that head of there's they don't stop easily.
Well, hopefully this is not the case for your duck. I hope your duck bites do leave to big of a mark though....

Thx..wow your muscovy is old😍🥰...Yeah LoL your drakes are going to act Coco crazy 🤪 😂..I hope your runners find some ladies in this mating season LoL 😆.My ducks seem fine..My Pekin was calmer today(He still wants to bite my hand lmao) and he was nice to his anacona friend too..I removed the wall that separate them today actually and I want to see if the Pekin is going to act crazy again or not..
I have 14 females for my 3 Runner drakes if they don't treat the ladies nice they will end up in drake jail.

Once a drake or rooster becomes aggressive toward you or someone else most likely it will be impossible to get him to stop. Most of the time, there really isn't much you can do. You will read about holding them for like 20 minutes a day, but I find when you put them down they turn around and start being a jerk.
Female ducks might help things but again sometimes nothing works. Once they get something in that head of there's they don't stop easily.
Well, hopefully this is not the case for your duck. I hope your duck bites do leave to big of a mark though....
Thx for your comment..Yeah they are pretty stubborn birds unfortunately..I'm watching him everyday so if he's turning back to Mr.Bully I'm gonna recreate the wall again

I have 14 females for my 3 Runner drakes if they don't treat the ladies nice they will end up in drake jail.
Wow...Yeah put them in jail please😂😅..Drakes are aggressive asf and I don't know why they are acting like this when they can be kind.. actually I'm afraid giving my drakes a female cause they can be pretty aggressive towards her and I don't want that for her

Back
Top Bottom