My duck head got bit and Idk what to do?

cauliflower

Hatching
Jan 27, 2023
My male runner got bit tonight by my dog, it wasn't a full chomp he was just warning him because the duck was climbing on him, so it's not very noticeable but I can't tell there's an indent where he got bit and it's sensitive. It's in between his eyes and he's already had head trauma from getting his head crushed and I'm just really worried because he's in a lot of pain and disoriented and I'm not sure what to do beyond making him comfortable but he's still in pain and I'm worried about complications but taking him to the vet isn't an option right now.

My male runner got bit tonight by my dog, it wasn't a full chomp he was just warning him because the duck was climbing on him, so it's not very noticeable but I can't tell there's an indent where he got bit and it's sensitive. It's in between his eyes and he's already had head trauma from getting his head crushed and I'm just really worried because he's in a lot of pain and disoriented and I'm not sure what to do beyond making him comfortable but he's still in pain and I'm worried about complications but taking him to the vet isn't an option right now.
There are replies on your other thread in the emergency section- but I'll repeat briefly here.

If there is no open wound, just keep a close eye on him. Is he showing signs of shock or behaving abnormally?
When did he previously get his "head crushed"?

I would not trust the dog around them again.

Back
Top Bottom