my duck killed my rooster

SonyaCele

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
He's a 6 month old indian runner male and he is so mean, he killed my sweet 4 year old bantee rooster. i didn't know ducks were killers. I know it was him, i saw him picking on my rooster every day and chasing him all over, So i locked up the duck but my son let him out and didn't tell me and now the rooster is dead. I hate that duck. I think he killed another chicken too. He tries to mate with everything in the yard, chickens, ducks , geese, anything. I hate him.

I have heard that PEKING DUCK is tasty. I bet AMERICAN DUCK tastier.
pop.gif

angry fowl is in fact the tastiest, I had one mean little silkie roo and he made the BEST chicken pho (soup) we've had yet. You can BBQ duck....

i picked him up and squeezed him and he seems really bony and not much meat. And then i looked at his beady little eyes staring back at me. i wish a raccoon would come take him away!

i picked him up and squeezed him and he seems really bony and not much meat. And then i looked at his beady little eyes staring back at me. i wish a raccoon would come take him away!

Sounds like you would need at least a pound of bacon strips placed over top in the oven. Or may be considered the ideal bird for peeps wanting to loose weight or on some sort of diet. Here is another thought. But keep it quiet. Do you have any bad neighbors that don't know he belongs to you?????? Consider the midnight transfer.
And a duel between him and rocky raccoon , not sure he loose.

Last edited:
Just a bit of advice....It is not advisable to keep male ducks in close quarters with other species...they do not have preferences and WILL mate with female chickens if they are available, especially if you have no female duck hens for him...they will also get nasty with other males as they try to "claim" a female or territory for their own sometimes, soooo....while it's true that some males can be more aggressive than others, they do have needs too...ducks and chickens have COMPLETELY different sex organs and ducks can damage chickens internally if allowed to mate with them, so my advice would be to keep your species separate unless they are out free-ranging and to get your drake some duck hens of his own.

So sorry you lost your little roo.
sad.png

Thanks for posting about it, I am now worried about my 3 mean Cayuga hens. I had to separate them from the chickens because the were bullying them. I even had to rescue a Red Star hen because all 3 duck hens had her pinned to the ground and were biting her.

What worries me, is that I have a darling little Batam hen who comes and goes as she pleases because she can slip through the cross fence and enter the duck area. She prefers the ducks and is with them all day. They don't pick on her, but it scares me, they could most certainly kill her if they wanted. So far they appear to tolerate her, I wouldn't go so far as to say "like" her though.

Again, sorry for your loss.

So sorry you lost your little roo.
sad.png

Thanks for posting about it, I am now worried about my 3 mean Cayuga hens. I had to separate them from the chickens because the were bullying them. I even had to rescue a Red Star hen because all 3 duck hens had her pinned to the ground and were biting her.

What worries me, is that I have a darling little Batam hen who comes and goes as she pleases because she can slip through the cross fence and enter the duck area. She prefers the ducks and is with them all day. They don't pick on her, but it scares me, they could most certainly kill her if they wanted. So far they appear to tolerate her, I wouldn't go so far as to say "like" her though.

Again, sorry for your loss.

READ POST #3

Back
Top Bottom