my duck left how do i get her home plz help!!!

then should i not get one I'm not sure what to do i originally only got pekin cuz the male duck was trying to mate my chicken and i was told he needed at lest 2 female but now wants noting to do with my scovy except for mating i just want them all to be happy.

Last edited:
then should i not get one I'm not sure what to do i originally only got pekin cuz the male duck was trying to mate my chicken and i was told he needed at lest 2 female but now wants noting to do with my scovy except for mating i just want them all to be happy.
Mating is a huge part of a drakes life, if he isn't being mean to her and is mating her then I'd leave it like it is, having just the 2 ducks will make it rough on them if you add another drake to the mix, most drakes need at least 2-4 ducks to keep them from over mating them. plus adding another drake will cause fighting among them the drakes will be wanting both girls for themselves. i have probably 2 too many drakes but I can't part with them so I have to watch them during mating season that they aren't over mating any particular duck and that fighting doesn't get out of hand. I love my boys but they can sure be a handful. I think she'll settle down eventually, Is she better today than yesterday?

Last edited:
if they get near no she is acting the same as yesterday but she spent most of the day alone sence the pekin came she seem to alway be alone unless its feeding time

they dont want to spend any time with her and that the thing at the pond she had someone she look happy to have someone of her own

they dont want to spend any time with her and that the thing at the pond she had someone she look happy to have someone of her own
Well, it seems to me you have options....you could let her grow her flights again so she can come and go as she pleases, as sometimes she´ll want a mate and sometimes not. You could get a drake for her, but you´ll almost certainly get fighting with the resident drake. It´d be good to think about this option for a bit.... Or, just sit it out and she´ll get over her infatuation. Now, you could get another muscovy hen, a young one that is old enough to see it´s a female, but one that´s young enough not to be viewed as a rival to her. My females often like to have the company of another female. Until they get broody! Or, once she calms down, maybe she´ll breed again with the rouen drake and raise some cross-breeds which you can choose one to be her companion. I have no idea why she´s not successful with hatching her eggs if you actually see them breeding......
idunno.gif

The runkiness will pass, give her a week and you´ll see a difference..... Unless she has eggs to be laid yet! Take your time to figure it out well
smile.png

Last edited:
If you already have something set up for her and she uses it then I wouldn't make her another, And great idea livin has about Scovy's crossing with mallard derived breeds one way to control the pop. especially since Fl hates Scovy's. protect your Scovy girl. And they do make beautiful ducks when crossed.
Today I saw for sale: One wild muscovy for sale, although the guy said it was a cross....I´m not convinced about that. It was actually quite wild and flappy, and its eyes were quite different, and it had the black face and the bars on the bill. Oh I was so tempted, but it wasn´t convenient at the time. He also had a pekin x muscovy, very very pretty. I want some!
Oh, and I think I´ve had success with finding more auto-sexing geese. I´m going to see them Monday to check them out.
big_smile.png

Today I saw for sale: One wild muscovy for sale, although the guy said it was a cross....I´m not convinced about that. It was actually quite wild and flappy, and its eyes were quite different, and it had the black face and the bars on the bill. Oh I was so tempted, but it wasn´t convenient at the time. He also had a pekin x muscovy, very very pretty. I want some!
Oh, and I think I´ve had success with finding more auto-sexing geese. I´m going to see them Monday to check them out.
big_smile.png
Good for you, you've been a busy girl.

Those ducks! If I could just explain to our flock about getting along, and tell Mr. Bean not to be so insecure, and tell Acht and Zwei it is okay for Bean and Romy to mate, and and and.

Just sayin' you are right - duck relationships can get so messed up.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom