Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
tennessee
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
Why is there no crying smily!!
We put the ducklings in the rabbit hutch (that he never used) to get them use to their new home. Well I walked out on my back pourch this morning and their is this neighbors dog holding a dead duckling in his mouth
sad.png
sad.png
The rest are no where to be seen and there is a wire thats missing from the poultry wire. I'm so upset!! I know those babies won't make it on their own!! I'm such a bad ducky momma.
sad.png
sad.png

Crystal

So sorry about your baby ducks!
sad.png
I think I would be having a word with the neighbor... It won't bring your babies back but maybe the neighbor didn't know their dog was out and it was a mistake and they could either replace your baby ducks or reimburse you for what you paid for them... Maybe they need to be made aware that this is what their dog does when it roams (some people would never think that their "Fido" would do such a thing! But some do when they get out and run...)and you could ask them kindly to keep their dog on their own property and kindly tell them that if they continue to allow their dog to roam that the next time you won't be so nice - to them or their dog!

Talk to the dog's owner...its a start in the right direction anyway...
hmm.png

TJ

Oh, and to the right of the message box is the word, "Smilies" with the words [show] and [hide] next to it...Just click on [show] and you'll see a bunch of smilies w/a crying smiley too...
hit.gif

No one fences their dog in (but us) I live in a rural area and dogs roam free. the only reason this one has hung around here is he knows my dh will feed him when he is hungry. so far three of our neighbors say he belongs to someone else. Might be a drop off but I can't have a dog that eats my animals around.
Oh and to add the horror he keeps bringing the bodies and laying them on my back porch. I start to cry every time I see them!! Crystal

I would tie him up next time he comes back around then call animal control to pick him up. Or load him up and take him to the animal shelter myself.

I scared the neighbors dogs off several months ago with firecrackers. They were off and running before I could light more. Next time they came over I called him up and told him they were growling at my daughter & neice. And they were crying and screaming that they dogs tried to bite them.

I told him to come and get his dogs off my property and keep them in his yard. I haven't seen them on our side since. Good luck and hope it works out for you. Has he killed all of them? Maybe one is still alive hiding.

Im really sorry that you lost all your ducklings. If you find the dog's owner, give them a box full of dead ducklings and a bill !!!
If the dog is still around, either catch him and turn him in to the shelter or SSS.
Now that he has had a taste he will keep coming back for more.

I hope that you will rebuild, and get some more ducklings. You could probably make the hutch secure by covering the poultry wire with some well secured heavier wire such as 1by2 welded wire or some hardware cloth. If it is up on legs, be sure that the bottom is secure. Unfortunately, poultry wire is only good at keeping poultry in, not predators out.
sad.png
Also, dont use a regular "hook and eye" type latch because raccoons (and some dogs) can open those.

chel

I don't want to spark false hope, but if he is still bringing them to your porch, they may be running around alive and he is hunting them. I would certainly tie him up next time he comes by. If it were me and I couldn't find the owner, I would call my local dog warden.

cgj.....I am sooooo very sorry for your loss. As everyone else has stated....TIE THAT DAM DOG UP...and call animal controll.....Its not the dogs fault, that the owner is not taking precautions with thier pet. Have you looked all over for the babies?? Or have all bodies been recovered? Ohhhh.....this is just so terrible! Im so sorry. :aww

Back
Top Bottom