My ducklings are making weird noises , should I be worried !?

NewDuckPerson

Hatching
Mar 1, 2017
Prescott Valley , AZ
I am new with ducks , and made the mistake to get 10 ducklings all at once , All of the ducklings are straight run Pekins that I got from a year around selling website. The ducklings are around 3-4 weeks old and should be getting their water oils and white feathers soon. I keep the ducks at my friends farm since I live in town and visit them around 3 times a week , I've been noticing that they are some that open their beaks like their going to make a noise but it just comes out as a little breath I'm keeping them in a warm area with a heat lamp but it is winter and I'm concerned. They also make some almost quick noise that sounds like a chuff for some reason , I don't think they are sick but they might be sneezing, I don't know , like I said this is my first time with dealing with such a messy animals that can get sick easily , plz help ?!

Sounds like their voices are changing.They donot t get sick easily.

By now they should have their feathers.

I think your probably right it would make sense if it was their voices changing , they do look like they are getting ready to get their feathers
@NewDuckPerson here is some good info. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

One thing that is very important is keep their bedding cleaned as good as possible. It can get nasty and moldy fast when you have that many ducklings and fresh air too not blowing right over them but ventilation so they are just smelling wet moist bedding. Make sure they are warm but not overly Pekins grow super fast and can over heat. At 3-4 weeks old they can handle temps at 70-75 as long as their is not cold air blowing right over them.

Back
Top Bottom