My ducks first spring!

Pics
I love ducks too! I was supposed to get a female dutch hookbill in an order of ducklings this morning, but metzer farms called and said they won't be here until tomorrow. They said they're having no luck with hatching hookbills and they waited an extra day to see if any would hatch. None did and I'm devastated, because I absolutely love that breed and I won't be getting one after all!            :barnie :hit
:barnie That stinks. Sorry. :(

It's all right. I'm hoping to get one some time soon. Metzer farms has actually stopped offering all together for the time being.

I love ducks too! I was supposed to get a female dutch hookbill in an order of ducklings this morning, but metzer farms called and said they won't be here until tomorrow. They said they're having no luck with hatching hookbills and they waited an extra day to see if any would hatch. None did and I'm devastated, because I absolutely love that breed and I won't be getting one after all!            :barnie :hit

Bummer! Hookbills are pretty cool.

LOVE your Buff hens!!!

Thanks! People always seem to notice them last, but I really love them. They are the boldest of our flock and are just so darn funny! Plus they are the best at eating whatever table scraps (duck list approved, of course) I give the ducks. And they started laying right after our Welshie did, so I've been impressed with that too.

Oh no, that's awful! How disappointing for you!

Thanks! People always seem to notice them last, but I really love them. They are the boldest of our flock and are just so darn funny! Plus they are the best at eating whatever table scraps (duck list approved, of course) I give the ducks. And they started laying right after our Welshie did, so I've been impressed with that too.

Just watched the video and I love all your ducks! Those would be the exact breeds I would be getting, except my brother (Who is allergic to ducks and can't go near them) wanted a Blue Swedish, so I caved. Buffs are soo pretty though!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom