my ducks won't lay eggs??? PLEASE HELP!

They are doing great!
thumbsup.gif

I didn't read through all the posts, but I have a trick that works with my chickens. Last winter, no eggs from Dec on. So, an old guy told me, or I read somewhere, that you can add a bit of cayenne pepper to their feed. I thought this is stupid. But, in the Dollar Tree one day I saw a bottle of cayenne pepper, I thought, why not. Took it home added some to their feed and the next day, egg. I kept giving them pepper for a couple days. Eggs every day. I thought, well, they may just be starting to lay again. Stopped the cayenne. Eggs stopped. Don't know the science here, but it works. With chickens anyway.

i dont know if ducks can have that but ill look into it.

did some reserch on it yes your right ducks can have cayenne pepper, some people say its fine and other say its not good for your duck, saying it oled to a discharage from the anus that smelled terrible and the duck was not gaining much weight and began to lose some. other say it led for more active ducks. so it seems like a two way street.

Last edited:
I live in Jamaica were it mainly hot and cold at night I have a Muscovy female duck and it won't lay I have it almost 3year from September 2015 now its going on to September 2017 and I have access to a lot of man duck and it still won't lay :he:hit

Something must be wrong with her reproduction tract. Very sorry for no eggs but hopefully she makes a nice pet. Maybe more females added to you flock for eggs?

Back
Top Bottom